Wednesday, August 26, 2026
Dear Parents,
I am writing to introduce myself to those of you I may not yet know. This will be my 27th year teaching first and second grade at Waitsfield. Prior, I taught first grade at The Taipei American School for four years and taught first and second grade in Worcester, Vermont for three years. As well, I taught both first and fourth grades at an independent school in Boston, Massachusetts while pursuing my Master’s degree. I feel privileged to have the opportunity to work with your child and I am looking forward to an exciting school year.
One thing you will notice is that very little completed schoolwork comes home on a day to day basis. Instead, student work remains in the classroom in portfolios and will be sent home at the end of the marking period. You will, however, have a chance to view work at parent conferences.
As far as homework is concerned, I would ask that you spend twenty minutes a day reading at home with your child. Other than that, ride your bikes, enjoy an organized sport, enjoy Vermont. It is a long day and the children need time to play and relax with their families.
Thank you for your time, and if I can answer any questions please feel free to contact me at school any time (thubbard@huusd.org). Please check the blog daily.
Let’s have a great year! I am very excited to have your child in my class.
Sincerely,
Taylor Hubbard